Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Giving Thanks!!


Here in the US tomorrow is Thanksgiving, a day where we celebrate all that we are thankful for.
Michele here today and I have A LOT of things to be thankful for!!!  My family, hugs from my nieces, friends, my job...all the usual stuff,  but I always find that no matter how much I appreciate all of these things I never find the time to put into words exactly what some special people mean to me.  This year, like I have for the last couple of years, I made some cards so I could hand write notes to them. 

Today I am going to share a couple of these cards I made.




These pumpkins are cut with Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers, covered in a thick layer of gesso and then painted with glaze.  I sprinkled some clear glitter for a little texture.  I embellished with twine, wire and UmWow Studio leaf confetti.



These acorns are also cut with the TH dies, covered in gesso and painted.  The gold is crackle paint and adds some amazing texture.  I also added some of the UWS leaf confetti and May Arts burlap twine.



On this card I used the UWS layered pumpkin chip.  These are painted with Distress paint and sprinkled with clear glitter.

All of these cards are kraft card bases with Heidi Swap paper.  The 'i am thankful' stamp is from Unity.


Thanks for stopping by today!  
I am thankful for your support and comments!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment