Saturday, July 12, 2014

July Basic Training-Embossing Powder in Silicone Molds


Summer is in full swing and it seems like in the summer I use more flowers on my projects.  I was surfing the web the other day and came across a tutorial over at Amazing Craft Products that I found very intriguing (you can see it here).  They were using embossing powder in molds....I changed it up a bit and wanted to share it with you today.  I have had these silicone molds (Martha Stewart) for a LONG time and this was finally a perfect time to break them out!!  I started with flowers for this tutorial.


You will need a silicone mold, embossing powder and a heat gun.  I used my ranger gun because it doesn't blow air but I also tried my other heat gun and it can be used...you just have to start by heating from the bottom.


Fill your mold with powder, pat it down a little.


Start heating with your heat gun.


Once the embossing powder starts to melt then heat from the bottom.  I used tweezers so I wouldn't heat up my hand too.  :)  Once it looks all liquidy set it aside to cool COMPLETELY.


Once it is cool you can bend the mold so the shape pops up.


You will have to clean up the edges once you pop it out of the mold, be careful not to chip too much off,


Here are a couple of different sizes and colors.

Make sure to stop back Wednesday for hump day to see what I made with these fun and easy flower embellishments.

Thanks so much for sharing part of your day with us here at S.W.A.T.!  See you soon!!!
Michele

1 comment:

  1. HOw cool! Don't think I have any molds. Too bad or I would try this!

    ReplyDelete