Saturday, December 13, 2014

December Basic Training-Framed Stamping

Where has this year gone??!  Can you believe it is time for our last Basic Training of 2014?   Since Christmas is right around the corner I am going to share a new technique I learned on a Christmas card.  Over at Viva Las VegaStamps! DT member Hermine is one of my stamping idols and she shared a technique with overlapped circles framing some awesome stamping....here is my take on it that technique.


You will need a piece of cardstock with 2 different size circles (different but close), ink, stamp, pen, stencil and a bit of washi tape.


I started with the larger circle.


Traced the circle.


Then used the smaller circle, offsetting and traced.  I did this a couple of times.


Then I aligned my circle to use as a mask.


Taped it with the washi and stamped the image in the circle.  I used a Viva Las VegaStamps! Santa Smoking.


I used black ink because i planned on watercoloring the image.


I used my favorite Um Wow Studio mask, star confetti, and stenciled some of the tiny stars where the lines overlapped.


I absolutely love this technique!!!  There are just so many possibilities...


All Authentique paper, Bo Bunny doily, May Arts silk ribbon, Distress Markers, Um Wow Studio star confetti and flair from the Be Merry set.


Thank you SO much for sharing a part of your day with us at this busy time of year!  I hope you are inspired to try this fun technique AND have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!

2 comments:

  1. Great technique, I can't wait to try this! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea!! Can't wait to try it and enter into your challenge. Thanks for the extra "pushes" this month too. I would like to enter your Dec. Daily, but I do not know what that is exactly - is it like Project Life?, Art Journaling?

    ReplyDelete